Environmental Audit was done subsequent to the Initial Environmental Audit undertaken on 4/8/2017 reference no. NEMA/NRB/EA/5/2/3285.It was conducted in compliance with Environment Management and Coordination Act (Chapter, 387) and the provisions of Environmental (Impact Assessment and Audit) Regulations 2003 which requires that any existing facilities to prepare annual environmental audit report and submit it to NEMA.
Objectives of Undertaking the Environmental Audit were:
- To identify and assess the potential environmental and social impacts of the ongoing activities;
- To identify and recommend measures for mitigation of potential adverse impacts.
- To assess the existing internal control mechanisms to ensure the workers’ health and safety
- To verify compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations.
- To recommend measures to be implemented to mitigate existing and anticipated impacts.
- To prepare Annual EA Project Report compliant with the Environmental Management and Coordination Act (CAP 387) and detailing findings and recommendations.