The proponent was proposing to construct a one storey residential flat consisting of 2 4-bedroom units in total within Nairobi county. The proposed development was a positive investment for the proponent and in line with the Kenya’s 2030 vision, to provide modern and standard housing for residential purposes.
The Terms of Reference for the project were:
- To identify the potential environmental impacts resulting from the proposed development.
- To assess the significance of these impacts
- To assess the alternative plans, designs and sites of proposed projects
- To propose the mitigation measures against these negative effects
- To generate baseline data on how mitigation and evaluation measures are carried out during implementation of the project.
- To present information on environmental impacts of proposed alternatives.
- To prepare environmental management and monitoring plans for the proposed project.
- To assess the compliance of the project with provisions of legal, institutional frameworks as provided in EMCA CAP 387.
- To suggest measures to prevent health and safety hazards and to ensure security in the working environment for the employees, residents and for the management in case of emergencies. This encompasses prevention and management of the foreseeable accidents and hazards during both the construction and occupational phases.