Environmental Impact Assessment
We provide Environmental Impact Assessment services in Kenya to help organizations or individuals get a better understanding of the impacts of their project on the environment.
Environmental Impact Assessment in Kenya
The purpose of our Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is to help our clients identify and evaluate the potential impacts(beneficial and adverse)of development and projects on the environmental system.It is a useful aid for decision making based on understanding of the environment implications including social, cultural and aesthetic concerns which could be integrated with the analysis of the project costs and benefits. This exercise should be undertaken early enough in the planning stage of projects for selection of environmentally compatible sites,process technologies and such other environmental safeguards.
Most large scale projects have environmental impacts which warrant impact assessment process. However, the need for this exercise is decided after initial evaluation of possible impacts of the project as well as its location.
The projects that could require comprehensive environmental impact assessment include those:
- Which can significantly change land use or service population
- Which require upstream development activities such as extraction of minerals
- Which involved manufacture or handling of hazardous materials
- Located urban areas, ecologically sensitive areas, or places of historical, cultural, or religious importance
- Include industrial estates whose constituent units could collectively damage the environment
Our Environmental Impact Assessment Process
Developing Environmental Impact Assessment reports under the following themes:
- Identification of potential environmental impacts resulting from a proposed development, assessment of the significance of these impacts and proposing the mitigation measures against the negative effects identified.
- Assessing the alternative plans, designs and sites of proposed projects and presenting data on environmental impacts of proposed alternatives.
- Preparation of environmental management and monitoring plans for a proposed project.
- Assessing the compliance of a project with provisions of legal, institutional frameworks as provided in the Environmental Management and Coordination act (CAP 387).
- Proposing measures to prevent health and safety hazards and to ensure security in the working environment for the employees, residents and the management in case of emergencies.
- Generating baseline data on how mitigation and evaluation measures will be carried out during implementation of a project.
- Preparing EIA Project Reports compliant with the Environmental Management and Coordination Act (CAP 387).